August 21, 2023
Being candid in engagement photos means capturing genuine and unposed moments that reflect the real emotions and connection between you and your partner!! Candid photos often convey a sense of authenticity and intimacy. Here are some tips to help you achieve candid and natural engagement photos:
01. Location and Setting – Pick a location that has personal significance to you both or one where you feel comfortable and relaxed. This can help you act more naturally and be yourselves!! Consider natural settings like parks, beaches, or streets with interesting backdrops. Utilize natural light to your advantage. Early and late afternoons often provide soft, beautiful light that enhances candid shots!!
02. Relax and Be Yourself – The key to candid photos is to be yourself and have fun!! Forget about the camera and enjoy each other’s company. Interact with each other naturally as if the photographer isn’t there!! Engage in conversations, share laughs, and be affectionate. Sometimes, the best candid shots happen when you least expect them. Be open to spontaneous moments and let your photographer capture them (I promise you will love them more than anything else!!)!
03. Movement and Activities – Engage in activities or movements that feel natural to you as a couple. This could be walking hand in hand, dancing, or playing a favorite game. Moments of interaction, like stealing a kiss, whispering something sweet, or sharing a meaningful look, are some of the most candid photos!
04. Pick the Right Outfits – Make sure to pick outfits that make you feel comfortable and fit the setting you picked!! I also suggest wearing things with the movement for a more cinematic and natural feel to your photos!!
05. Choose the Right Photographer – Find a photographer experienced in capturing candid moments and natural emotions. If you are looking for a photographer to document your love in a candid and raw way, feel free to CLICK HERE to chat more with me!!
Remember that candid photos should reflect your genuine connection and emotions. Don’t stress too much about posing perfectly; instead, focus on enjoying the moment with your partner, and the candid shots will come naturally!!
< back to portfolio library
I am here to capture your most amazing moments- from dating to engagement to wedding and everything else in between. I have a love for capturing the true feeling of the moment in my images. I love what I do with my whole heart and I can’t wait to be a part of your story.
More about me
your helpful resource
Use this as a map to help you navigate this process in the best way while still keeping everything truly "you." Let’s dive right into my step-by-step guide to planning the best wedding ever.
Please submit the form below to inquire, and I will be in touch soon!